Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Classes

So as you may know I also have to take classes here. Here are my thoughts. Chinese is the most ridiculous language ever. Tones are dumb. Characters are dumb. The language is just dumb. The reason Chinese has tones is because they were too lazy to finish there words and dropped of the last letters. And characters are just dumb. They're not helpful. They make reading impossible.

One of my professors doesn't understand how China works. Moreover, doesn't understand that Yale students aren't here to do work. I hate reading responses and he makes us do them for both of his classes. Then he decides that the Yalies can do more work. So instead of writing a paragraph he makes us write a page for every class period. While that's not horrible, it's dumb and pointless. Furthermore, he wrote the book for his one class, makes us read it and write our page, then his lecture is the reading. And his wife is so nice. She doesn't make anyone do anything. ARRAGH!

And VH is VH. whatevs.

But I do have to say that I'm only in class 10 hours a week with one hour of tutoring with the cutest Chinese girl ever.

Random thought:
Chinese bathrooms suck. They smell like farms. And the floor is always wet, but I'm not sure what it is (probably pee). They also use squat toilets...ugh. Thankfully yale got us some real toilets as well.

No comments: